1 Days COBIT® 5 Foundation Course
COBIT® 5 Foundation Course – COBIT51701
Time: 9:30am -5:30pm
Course fee: HKD 7,000 (including exam fee)
Register : https://satorucobitf02.eventbrite.com
The COBIT® 5 Foundation course is a about the need for an IT governance framework and how COBIT addresses this need by providing the latest insights into enterprise-wide governance of IT. This course explains the elements and supporting materials of the COBIT framework, using a logical and example COBIT foundation level knowledge.
A wide range of business managers, IT management consultants, IT governance professionals, and auditors who wish to gain a better understanding of COBIT 5 and what the framework can provide their organization.
There are no formal prerequisites. However, it is recommended that participants have experience in the IT governance domain.
At the end of this course, participants will gain competencies in:
- Key challenges of using IT
- IT governance concepts and benefits
- COBIT 5 framework, principles, and enablers
- Relationship between stakeholder needs and governance
- Implementation approach for
- Structure of COBIT 5 process reference model
- Governance and management domains
- Components of COBIT 5 processes
- Need for capability assessments
- COBIT 5 ISO/IEC 15504 approach
- Application of COBIT 4 maturity model approach with COBIT 5
- Other COBIT 5 enablers for IT governance and management
At the end of this course, participants will enjoy these benefits:
- Master COBIT 5 at a foundation level
- Interact and learn from peers in this intensive, group-learning exercise
- Apply COBIT in their day-to-day practice
The course is a steppingstone for the COBIT Implementation Methodology course, as well as other COBIT 5 courses.
Participants receive an electronic copy of the classroom presentation materials.
About the Examination
The exam is in closed-book format with 50 multiple-choice questions. The pass score is 50%. The exam lasts for 40 minutes. The exam is paper-based.
COBIT 5 provides the next generation of ISACA's guidance on the enterprise governance and management of IT. It builds on more than 15 years of practical usage and application of COBIT by many enterprises and users from business, IT, risk, security and assurance communities. Today, more than ever, information and related technologies need to be governed, managed and operated in a holistic manner – with a single, integrated process model that provides end-to-end coverage of the roles, responsibilities and practices required.
COBIT 5 provides a comprehensive framework that assists enterprises in achieving their objectives for the governance and management of enterprise IT. It helps enterprises create optimal value from IT by maintaining a balance between realizing benefits and optimizing risk levels and resource use. COBIT 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise, taking in both the full end-to-end business and IT functional areas of responsibility, while considering the IT-related interests of internal and external stakeholders. COBIT 5 is generic, and is useful for enterprises of all sizes; whether commercial, not-for-profit or in the public sector.
2 Days COBIT® 5 Implementation Course
COBIT® 5 Implementation Course – COBIT502
Date: 4/2, 5/2
Time: 9:30am -5:30pm
Course fee: HKD 9,000 (including exam fee)
Get a practical appreciation of how to apply COBIT 5 to specific business problems, pain points, trigger events and risk scenarios within the organization. Learn how to implement and apply COBIT 5 into your enterprise and how to effectively use it for client initiatives. Attendees will walk away with an appreciation of how to effectively use COBIT 5 for different organizational scenarios.
The course is supported by practical exercises and engaging case-based scenarios. Candidates learn how to apply the COBIT 5 continual improvement lifecycle approach to address requirements and establish and maintain a sustainable approach to governing and managing enterprise IT as "normal" business practice.
A wide range of IT auditors, IT managers, IT quality professionals, IT leadership, IT developers, process practitioners and managers in IT service providing firms, business managers.
Successful Completion of the COBIT 5 Foundation Exam.
At the end of this course, you will gain competencies in:
- How to analyze enterprise drivers
- Implementation challenges, root causes and success factors
- How to determine and assess current process capability
- How to scope and plan improvements
- Potential implementation pitfalls
- The latest good practices
Participants receive a printed copy of the classroom presentation materials and the printed Course Book, which contains additional reference material, such as the syllabus, glossary, and the mock exam.
It is suggested to purchase a hard copy of the ISACA COBIT 5 Implementation Guide from the ISACA Web site, www.isaca.org.
About the Examination:
- The COBIT 5 Implementation examination paper consists of three booklets: the scenario booklet, question booklet and the answer (sheet) booklet. In total, there are four questions, each testing one syllabus area, in various formats (multiple choice, multiple response, matching responses and evaluating statements).
- The pass mark for the Implementation exam is 50%. Each of the four questions contains 20 question lines, each of which attracts 1 mark, giving a total of 80 marks. Each of the four questions will be sub-divided into parts. Each of these 'part-questions' will identify the portion of the 20 marks allocated to it.
- The exam is 150 minutes in duration.
- You may reference the ISACA COBIT 5 Implementation Guide during the examination.